BEK News is a division of BEK TV (KNDB/KNDM), a North Dakota-owned company broadcasting commentary and live news, as well as the most live, local sports in North Dakota across a statewide broadcast footprint and a nationwide Internet (OTT) offering. It’s exciting, emotional and intimate North Dakota content that attracts attention and engages viewers of all ages and interests.
BEK TV launched BEK News, an exciting television mix of both national and local news as it occurs and commentary on how it affects our viewers. BEK News features national, regional and local personalities who share their commentary on topics impacting individuals daily. This position will work in tandem with a team of professional individuals to create high quality news/commentary programming. BEK News is truly the leader in local.
Preferred, Skills and/or Experience:
- Collaborate with News Operations Manager to select and prioritize content
- Communicate with show personalities to create an award-winning product
- Gather information, stories and pieces from team members throughout the day
- Perform research on local, national and international affairs to stay updated with current events
- Utilize the Adobe Creative Suite to edit footage and create on-air elements
- Video and audio editing is a significant portion of this position
- Select footage and sound bites to include in broadcast to ensure consistency
- Add stories and elements that will make the broadcast more attractive
- Communicate with the studio crew and anchors while on-air
- Ensure broadcast is within time limits
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Assist in posting daily video content to the station’s website, bek.news
- Produce breaking news reports
- Exercise your creative side by assisting with commercial production
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience with broadcast equipment, live broadcasts and production environments, including cameras, control boards, audio equipment and editing systems
- Experience with Microsoft 365 suite
- Experience with remote meeting software
- Perform other duties as needed and directed by your manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 1-3 years of experience in broadcasting or equivalent experience in television production
- Interest in and knowledge of live news/event production and advanced knowledge of both Mac and PC based editing systems (Final Cut Pro, News Edit, Adobe Premiere Pro, etc.) and general knowledge of other applications within the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Work closely with other station staff to prepare and produce all live and pre-recorded shows. Shows include but are not limited to daily news/commentary programming, breaking news cut-ins using TriCaster 8000/TC2 Elite.
- Manage assigned tasks in a dynamic newsroom environment while demonstrating the ability to multi-task as well as the ability to handle change in a timely manner.
- Post-entry level experience in the role of producer of news/commentary style programming.
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities, strategically aligning efforts and activities to meet company goals.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Chief Operations Officer
923 East Interstate Ave
Bismarck, ND 58503