How to Apply
BEK offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits package.
Please send application and resume to:
Attn: Human Resource Manager
PO Box 230, Steele, ND 58482
or email to:
Primary functions are to support operations and sales personnel and execute projects such as:
• Provide support for operations and sales as part of the network engineering team.
• Provide installation support for BEK Protect and BEK Watch product lines.
• Assist sales personnel in providing engineering, installation and support for complex installs of BEK IP product offerings.
• Provide support, daily monitoring, maintenance and administration of IPTV and RF network and infrastructure.
• Helps in the design, development, testing and evaluation of current and future IP Product offerings.
• Assist in the support and maintenance of BEK’s internal operations.
In addition to individual projects, this role is responsible for working with operations and sales personnel to implement complex product implementations. Some of the daily responsibilities for this position include:
• Contributing to the company vision of being the industry leader in customer service through quality, commitment, courtesy, integrity and teamwork.
• Creating project plans in order to implement company goals.
• Executing project plans as part of a team.
• Interacting with multiple departments and customers on a daily basis.
• Troubleshooting IPTV, RF and product issues to resolution.
• Minimizing network downtime and customer impact.
• Assisting operations, central office and sales personnel.
• Implementing new product offerings.
• Managing vendors, including tracking hardware/software issues and driving vendors to resolve issues.
• Performing other duties as requested by manager.
Required Personal Skills
Qualified applicants must be able to demonstrate the following:
• A strong sense of responsibility and initiative.
• Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies.
• Prioritize and organize tasks carefully and accurately.
• Share acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels.
• Accept constructive criticism from peers.
• Excellent interpersonal oral and written communication skills.
• Work independently and as part of a team.
• Dedication and commitment to providing continuous service for the advancement of technology.
• Communicate well with all levels of management and company personnel.
• Handle multiple projects and tasks with potentially varying priorities.
• Make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure.
Qualified applicants must possess the following:
• Working knowledge of Ethernet networking.
• Working knowledge of IP-TV and RF products and operations.
• Working knowledge of emerging technologies including data streaming for video transport.
• Associates degree in electrical engineering, computer science or related field, or equivalent experience.
Special Working Conditions
This position may involve special working conditions, including:
• 24x7 group accessibility.
• Subject to on-call rotation.
TierII Customer Support Technicians provide technical support for voice, broadband, television and cloud services for both external and internal customers. Troubleshooting calls are escalated by, and received primarily from, Customer Experience Advocates, Fiber Service Technicians and BEK customers.
This role also serves as liaison to BEK Network Engineers. An absolute must for this position is a resourceful, forward-thinking, innovative, outside-the-box thinker. The successful candidate must be a masterful problem solver, independently seek answers, enthusiastically persist until goals are met and insist upon an unparalleled customer experience.
Essential Job Functions:
• Using exceptional customer relationship-building skills, work with customers to diagnose and troubleshoot hardware, software or service-related problems in a timely manner
• Provision to activate, suspend or deactivate voice, broadband, television and cloud services
• Install or uninstall software as needed or directed
• Generate, process and dispatch trouble tickets, and locates, when field service is required
• Create, dispatch and manage service orders for accuracy, quality standards and work flow
• Efficiently escalate to Network Engineering for next-level troubleshooting and support
• Handle trouble calls from customers relating to their services and billing, as well as promote internal products and services to fit customer’s needs
• Customer premise visits as needed or directed
• Network experience or a combination of education and experience to encompass all aspects of the position preferred but not required
• Understand installation, configuration, and troubleshooting processes for software, hardware, networking and accessory equipment
• Ability to diagnose and configure routers and wireless AP’s
• Knowledge of advanced personal computer (PC) troubleshooting
• Operating knowledge of various office hardware, including laptops, tablets, mobile devices, routers, switches and printers
• Basic understanding of iOS, Android, Windows, Linux and macOS a bonus
• Strong interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations
The Ideal Candidate Will:
• Possess the ability to work independently in a fast paced, rapid-growth environment while managing multiple and competing priorities
• Be highly organized, detail oriented and resolute regarding accuracy
• Believe and demonstrate that customer relationships, from start to finish, are paramount to success, even when working with technical issues
• Demonstrate tact and diplomacy with colleagues at every level, and customers with varying degrees of technical understanding, to educate, assist and resolve all manner of technical, product and service issues
BEK Communications is seeking a driven Digital Media Specialist to attract and interact with consumers and targeted virtual communities.
Primary goals include achieving superior customer engagement and intimacy with all product lines; growing website traffic and revenue by capitalizing on BEK’s digital media and marketing roadmap; multimedia promotion of BEK TV before, during and after live events.
Our ideal candidate must have a solid understanding of established and upcoming social media platforms. This candidate will know how to optimize content and cross promote between channels to maintain messaging consistency and maximize social engagement. They will join relevant conversations on behalf of multiple brands and “soft sell” BEK’s products and business lines while providing support to current and prospective customers.
• Build and execute upon a solid social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
• Generate, edit and publish daily content (original text, images and video) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to act
• Create and optimize company pages within each platform to increase company’s social footprint
• Create editorial calendars and syndication schedules
• Capture and analyze appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then act on the information
• Collaborate with other departments (customer experience, sales, broadcasting, etc.) to manage reputation, identify key messaging and coordinate actions
• Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community
• Proven technical experience in social/digital media and online marketing
• Demonstrable expertise working with major marketing channels and social analytics tools
• Excellent consulting, writing, presentation and communication skills - must be able to write and convey a convincing message
• Basic skills in graphic design and editing (photo/video/text); knowledge of Adobe Suite a plus
• Adequate knowledge of web design and web development
• Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented, with good multitasking and organizational ability
• Quick learner, finding new methods to increase efficiencies
• Excels in a fast-paced work environment – able to regularly manage multiple priorities
• Degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, New Media or Public Relations