BEK TV (KNDB/KNDM), a North Dakota-owned company broadcasting LIVE...LOCAL sports and news/commentary, with a statewide broadcast footprint and a nationwide Internet (OTT) offering is looking for a dangerously talented individual with a fresh new perspective to add to our dynamic team
We are seeking a Promotions/Commercial Producer experienced in producing on-air station image promotion spots and client commercials on tight deadlines. This position will require you to write, produce, shoot, and edit using the Adobe Creative Cloud. Expertise in writing, producing, shooting, and editing snappy, focused and original ads that successfully promote client’s business.
- Work closely with the BEK TV team to conceive, write, shoot, produce and edit compelling station spots that supports BEK TV sales and digital departments.
- Collaborate with sales team and their clients to conceive, write, shoot, produce and edit compelling on-air commercials.
- Creating and managing original production shoots
- Responsible for coordinating and scheduling timely delivery of creative product.
- Distribute all finished products to multiple outlets as directed.
- Maintains accurate files on all projects including scripts, audio/video notes, v/o talent information and music sources.
- Proficient editing with Adobe Creative Cloud with focus on Adobe Premiere, After Effects.
- Ability to edit both short (:05 - :60) format projects.
- Projects may include proof of performance, image campaigns, web and social drivers as well as program tune-in messaging for entertainment and sports.
- Work closely with Chief Operations Officer to produce promos that provide viewers with a compelling reason to turn to BEK TV over the competition.
- Must have a demo reel.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience at a television station, network or agency as an on-air writer/producer/shooter/editor.
- Must be highly creative, innovative and have strong writing, video, original production and editing skills.
- Must have attention to detail and accuracy with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Proficiency with non-linear editing equipment, specifically Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Proficiency with Photoshop, After Effects and other Creative Cloud apps.
- Experience running shoots and original production.
- Great Attitude.
- College degree/ Film/Production/Journalism or Equivalent.
- Social Media Fluency.
- Love and passion for sports and/or news.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license and good driving record as travel will be required for commercial shoots and production meetings with advertisers of the station.
- In addition, the producer must be able to lift, set-up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Chief Operations Officer
923 East Interstate Ave
Bismarck, ND 58503