BEK News is a new division of BEK TV (KNDB/KNDM), a North Dakota-owned company broadcasting LIVE...LOCAL sports and news/commentary, with a statewide broadcast footprint and a nationwide Internet (OTT) offering.
It’s exciting, emotional and intimate North Dakota content attracts attention and engages viewers of all ages and interests. BEK TV includes events, competitions, performances and activities from around the state. BEK TV also boasts the BEK Sports Network, which recently celebrated its 14th anniversary, having broadcast over 3,500 events, from 80 cities and 110 venues.
BEK TV is launching BEK News, a new exciting television mix of both national and local news/commentary. BEK News will feature a number of the national personalities who will share their commentary on national and regional topics each day.
Operations Manager is responsible for providing scheduling, interstitial preparation, production leadership, talent preparation, interstitial preparation and oversight for daily news/commentary broadcasts.
The Operations Manager will be required to provide hands on support of the overall product produced by BEK News. This position will work in tandem with a team of professional individuals to create high quality news/commentary programming.
- Provides scheduling for all news employees including On Air Talent, Producers, Directors, News and Weather staff members.
- Direct broadcasts to ensure that programs conform to station quality standards, policies and regulations
- Collaborate with news director to select and prioritize content
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience with broadcast equipment and production environments, including cameras, control boards, audio equipment and editing systems
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Helps to ensure station compliance with FCC broadcast rules and regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned