How to Apply
BEK offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits package.
Please send resume to:
Attn: Human Resource Manager
PO Box 230, Steele, ND 58482
or email to:
BEK Communications Cooperative is seeking a highly motivated, self-starting individual capable of meeting the requirements of OSP Field Engineer. Performs engineering duties relating to the provision of Communications Plant construction and maintenance engineering, and associated development of telecommunications facilities.
Essential Job Functions:
Education and Experience:
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Network Service Technician (NST) “Roamer” reporting from our Valley City Post. The candidate who fills this position must reside within 30 minutes of Valley City and will be granted 6 months from the date of acceptance to relocate if required.
Network Service Technician provides telecommunications, data, and IPTV services to customers by constructing maintaining, operating and servicing, telephone lines, instruments and related equipment. Conducts tests and inspections of products, service, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
Computer skills are required along with experience in personal computer hardware and software maintenance and emphasis on internet applications. Ability to perform tasks such as installation, configuration, diagnosing, preventative maintenance and networking of telecommunications services in both business and residential environments.
Minimum education/experience required for the position is: knowledge and skills usually acquired through two years technical training or four years experience. Experience and knowledge in residential networks and entertainment technologies are desired. A+ certification is a plus.
Qualified applicants must be able to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues in a prompt, helpful and friendly manner. They must possess outstanding problem solving, communications and technical skills, along with a strong work ethic. Excellent customer service and communication skills, attention to detail and willingness to be trained on other systems within the company, as well as within the industry, are vital qualities. Ability to work on call and evenings and weekends as needed. Proficiency with computers and basic networking experience is required. Technician must be a self starter and motivated to learn quickly. Ability to operate hand tools and perform professional cabling installations is key.
Responsibilities are varied, including installation, repair and maintenance of FTTH facilities; programming, and trouble shooting of our IPTV system, high speed data networks, and data products. Install, maintain, repair of customer equipment and IP services. The employee will also promote the sale of products and features and educate customers on the use of equipment. Applicant may be asked to fill extended stay duties away from reporting post when required. Performs all other duties assigned by Supervisor.
Primary functions are to support operations and sales personnel and execute projects such as:
• Provide support for operations and sales as part of the network engineering team.
• Provide installation support for BEK Protect and BEK Watch product lines.
• Assist sales personnel in providing engineering, installation and support for complex installs of BEK IP product offerings.
• Provide support, daily monitoring, maintenance and administration of IPTV and RF network and infrastructure.
• Helps in the design, development, testing and evaluation of current and future IP Product offerings.
• Assist in the support and maintenance of BEK’s internal operations.
In addition to individual projects, this role is responsible for working with operations and sales personnel to implement complex product implementations. Some of the daily responsibilities for this position include:
• Contributing to the company vision of being the industry leader in customer service through quality, commitment, courtesy, integrity and teamwork.
• Creating project plans in order to implement company goals.
• Executing project plans as part of a team.
• Interacting with multiple departments and customers on a daily basis.
• Troubleshooting IPTV, RF and product issues to resolution.
• Minimizing network downtime and customer impact.
• Assisting operations, central office and sales personnel.
• Implementing new product offerings.
• Managing vendors, including tracking hardware/software issues and driving vendors to resolve issues.
• Performing other duties as requested by manager.
Required Personal Skills
Qualified applicants must be able to demonstrate the following:
• A strong sense of responsibility and initiative.
• Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies.
• Prioritize and organize tasks carefully and accurately.
• Share acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels.
• Accept constructive criticism from peers.
• Excellent interpersonal oral and written communication skills.
• Work independently and as part of a team.
• Dedication and commitment to providing continuous service for the advancement of technology.
• Communicate well with all levels of management and company personnel.
• Handle multiple projects and tasks with potentially varying priorities.
• Make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure.
Qualified applicants must possess the following:
• Working knowledge of Ethernet networking.
• Working knowledge of IP-TV and RF products and operations.
• Working knowledge of emerging technologies including data streaming for video transport.
• Associates degree in electrical engineering, computer science or related field, or equivalent experience.
Special Working Conditions
This position may involve special working conditions, including:
• 24x7 group accessibility.
• Subject to on-call rotation.