TV on Your Terms
Between going to work, chasing the kids, running errands, hitting the gym and cheering on your favorite teams, you may think watching your favorite TV shows is difficult to fit into your schedule. Think again.
With your Digital Video Recorder (DVR), you can easily record the programs you want to watch and then view them whenever it’s convenient for you. Plus, DVR allows you to pause, rewind, and replay the action during live TV.
Using Your Whole-Home DVR (WHDVR)
(Must be subscribed to WHDVR)
Record Live TV Record the show you are watching by pressing the Record button. The show will be recorded until it is scheduled to finish. To manually stop the recording before it is scheduled to finish, press Stop.
Record From Guide
Use the Guide to navigate to the show you want to record. Press the Record button on your remote control to record the show.
Record By Search
- Navigate to the Menubar by pressing the Menu button, highlighting the Search icon, and pressing OK.
- Press OK again to launch the on-screen keyboard and enter the first four letters of a show’s title. Press Done. (Note: to narrow a search, input more letters of the show’s title)
- Arrow Down and highlight Search and press OK.
- Navigate to the program you want to record, highlight it and press OK.
- Arrow Down to Record Program for a one-time recording and press OK. Or arrow Down and highlight Record Series to record all episodes of the show.
- Press the List button on your remote control to launch the DVR menu. Press OK on recordings.
- Navigate to the show you want to view and press OK.
- Play Recording will be highlighted, press OK again to view the show.
- Press Fast Forward to advance the program. Press Fast Forward repeatedly to change the fast forward speed by 2, 15, 50 or 300 times. Day + will advance the program 30 seconds.
- Press Rewind to reverse the program. Press Rewind repeatedly to change the fast forward speed by 2, 15, 50 or 300 times. Day - will rewind the program 60 seconds.
Create a Series Recording
- Use the Guide to navigate to the show you want to record. Highlight the show and press OK.
- Highlight the option Record Series and press OK.
- Press OK again and highlight Edit Series Recording and press OK. This menu allows you to choose if you want to record All or New Only episodes to skip re-runs. You can also edit start and stop times for a series recording.
*Name of button and actual functionality will depend on which BEKTV remote you have.
Delete a Recorded Show
- Press the List button on your remote control to launch the DVR menu.
- Navigate to the show you want to delete. Press OK.
- Highlight Delete Recording and press OK.
Delete All Episodes of a Recorded Show
- Press the List button on your remote control to launch the DVR menu.
- Navigate to the show folder you want to delete. Press OK.
- Highlight one of the show episodes and press OK.
- Highlight Delete All and press OK.
Control Live TV
This option is available only on the DVR boxes. You cannot control Live TV from remote digital boxes.
- Press Pause on your remote control to pause the program. Programs can be paused for up to 30 minutes as long as the current channel is not changed.
- To resume watching the program, press Play.
- Press Rewind to reverse live TV or a recorded program.
- Press Rewind repeatedly to change the rewind speed by 2, 15, 50 or 300 times. Follow the same process to Fast Forward live TV that has been paused.*
- Press Stop on your remote control to return to Live TV.
Manage DVR Recordings
To access your DVR recordings, press Menu on the remote and arrow to select DVR. Here you can view current and future recordings, edit and cancel recordings, sort and prioritize recordings, schedule future events and timers and review your DVR history.
- Arrow Down and highlight Recordings on the left menu and press OK. Next you have the option to sort your recordings by All, Date, Title, Channel and Viewed/Not.
- Arrow Right and highlight the recording you want to view and press OK.
- For a recording in progress, arrow Up/Down and highlight Play Recording, Lock, or Stop Recording
- For completed recordings, arrow Up/Down and highlight Play Recording, Lock, Delete Recording, or Edit Series Recording and press OK.
View Future Recordings
- Arrow Down and highlight To Record on the left menu and press OK. Next you have the option to sort your future recordings by Date, Title, Channel and Skipped/Not.
- Arrow Right and arrow Up/Down to view future recordings. Press Page Up/Down on the remote to navigate through the list one page at a time.
- To edit a future recording, highlight the recording on the right menu and press OK.
- For Series Recordings, arrow Up/Down and highlight Edit Recording and press OK to change the start and end time.
- Highlight Edit Series Recording and press OK to change the channels on which to record the program, whether the program should record in Standard or High Definition, to record New Only or All Episodes, to Start the program early or End the program late and to Limit the number of episodes to record.
- Arrow Down and highlight Schedule Priority on the Left Menu and press OK. Next, you have the option to change the priority of your scheduled recordings.
- Highlight the recording, press OK, next arrow Down the list to either Move Down, Move Up, Edit Series Recording or Cancel Series Recording, and press OK. The list is sorted with the highest priority recordings at the top of the list. In the event of a scheduling conflict, the programs with higher priority will record instead of a lower priority program.
- Scheduling an event is ideal when you want to record or watch only a portion of a program on a reoccurring basis.
- Arrow Down and highlight Schedule Event on the Left Menu and press OK.
- The Scheduled Events screen lists all the information about the channel, start time and duration, date and frequency of recording. If anything is not correct, highlight the incorrect item and press OK.
- Arrow Up or Down to enter the correct information and press OK.
Set the Event
- Arrow Down and highlight Type and press OK. The highlight will become Left/Right arrows.
- Arrow Left or Right until you see the event type you want (Recording, Autotune, Reminder), then press OK.
NOTE: The Set Recording option will be available to DVR subscribers only.
Set Event Frequency
- Arrow Down and highlight Freq and press OK. The highlight will become Left/Right arrows.
- Arrow Left or Right until you see the frequency you want (Single, Weekly, M-F, Every Day), then press OK.
- Arrow Down and highlight OK on the Schedule Event screen and press OK. You will be returned to DVR Menu and press Exit to return to the Guide.
Arrow Down to Record History and press OK. Arrow Down the list to see the log of the past 25 DVR events that were started, stopped, skipped or deleted.
Lock or Unlock a Recording
- Press Menu on the remote and arrow to select DVR.
- Navigate the highlight to the list of the recordings on the right of the screen.
- Highlight a recording and press OK.
- Arrow Down the list to Lock and press OK. A lock icon will appear in front of the title of the program that is locked. This will prevent your recording from being deleted to make space for a new recording.
- To unlock, repeat the same process and highlight Unlock and press OK.