- Open Outlook. If you get any error messages, just click the X in the upper right corner of the dialog box.
- From the menu bar, select "Tools." Then, select "Email Accounts or Account Settings." Make sure there is a dot under email in "Add a New Email Account."
- Put a dot before POP3, then click "Next."
- Go to "User Information." On this screen, type your name in the text box to the right of "Your Name.
- Type in your email address in the text box to the right of "Email Address."
- Enter your password in the text box labelled "Password." Retype your password. Check "Remember Password" if you would like Outlook to remember your password.
- Enter "pop.bektel.com" as the incoming email server.
- Enter "smtp.bektel.com" as the outgoing email server.
- Click on "More Settings." Then, click on "Outgoing server tab."
- Click the box to the left of "My outgoing server (smtp) requires authentication."
- Click on the "Advanced" tab. In the outgoing server area click the drop down box and choose "SSL" or put a check mark in the box to the left of "This server requires an SSL Secured Connection."
- Change the port from 25 to 465 and then click, "OK."
- Click "Next" and then at the next screen click "Finish."
Microsoft Outlook Setup
A step by step instructional guide to setting up Outlook