For construction and service installation updates about your specific location, please contact us using chat or our contact page. ****
Morton, Oliver, Burleigh, McLean, Emmons, Kidder, Logan, and McIntosh counties
- Approximately 70% of the mainline fiber is buried to the Morton South area. Connecting this fiber to the BEK network will happen in the Fall.
- Roughly 46% of drops to homes and businesses are finished.
- NID installs to new customers 93% done.
- South Morton fiber splicing 41% done as crews stay close behind the fiber plows.
- Installation of individual services to South Morton homes and businesses expected to happen in 2021.
Barnes, Griggs, Steele, and Cass counties
- About 95% of the new mainline fiber is buried for the rural Hannaford area. Connecting this mainline to the BEK network will happen in the Fall.
- Nearly 74% of new rural Hannaford drops are done.
- NID installs are 85% done.
- Fiber splicing is 30% finished.
- Fiber construction is finished in the towns of Sutton, Walum and Laverne.
- Installation of individual services to the above areas expected to happen in 2021.
- Construction - Process of burying fiber optic cables and connecting them to the BEK Fiber network.
- Drop - Fiber that goes directly to the premises of a home or business.
- Mainline - Large fiber cable, or backbone, of the network that feeds all residential and business subscribers in an area. Mainline fiber connects to BEK Headquarters, then to the internet.
- NID Enclosure - Gray box on the side of your home/business that connects your premises to the BEK Fiber network.
- Splicing - Method used to join two fiber cables together.
Last page update: August 7, 2020