For construction and service installation updates about your specific location, please contact us using chat or our contact page. ****
Morton, Oliver, Burleigh, McLean, Emmons, Kidder, Logan, and McIntosh counties
- 100% of the mainline fiber is buried to the Morton South area.
- 100% of drops to homes and businesses are finished.
- NID installs to new customers 100% complete.
- South Morton fiber splicing done and network testing is underway to ensure this section of the BEK Fiber network meets our high standards.
- Installation of individual services to South Morton homes and businesses expected to happen in 2021.
Barnes, Griggs, Steele, and Cass counties
- 100% of the new mainline fiber is buried for the rural Hannaford area, including the towns of Sutton, Walum, and Laverne.
- 100% of new rural Hannaford drops are done.
- NID installs are 100% done.
- Fiber splicing is 100% finished.
- Installation of individual services to the above areas is approximately 30% finished and is expected to be completed in about four weeks.
- Construction - Process of burying fiber optic cables and connecting them to the BEK Fiber network.
- Drop - Fiber that goes directly to the premises of a home or business.
- Mainline - Large fiber cable, or backbone, of the network that feeds all residential and business subscribers in an area. Mainline fiber connects to BEK Headquarters, then to the internet.
- NID Enclosure - Gray box on the side of your home/business that connects your premises to the BEK Fiber network.
- Splicing - Method used to join two fiber cables together.
Last page update: November 9, 2020